Full-Time Barista Position Details
Position: Full-Time Barista
This application is for a full-time barista position (36-40+ hours a week).
Job Summary and Mission
This position contributes to Pilot Point Coffee House's success by providing exceptional customer service to all customers by providing prompt service, quality beverages and products, and maintaining a clean and comfortable environment.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Arrives timely and ready in position at the start of your scheduled shift.
- Demonstrate respect and dignity in dealing with others including team members and guests.
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume, unusual events, or stressful situations.
- Communicates issues and needs so that the team can respond as necessary.
- Views our guests as our highest priority and ensures that each guest is highly satisfied with their experience before leaving.
- Follows operational policies and procedures, including those for cash handling and safety and security, to ensure the safety of all partners during each shift.
- Follow all safety, food safety, and sanitation guidelines including compliance with all applicable laws.
- Maintains a clean and organized workspace so that partners can locate resources and product as needed.
- Provides quality beverages and food products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards. Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
- Engage with and understand our customers, including discovering and responding to
customer needs through clear and pleasant communication
- Meet store operating policies and standards, including providing quality beverages and
food products, cash handling and store safety and security, with or without reasonable
- Available to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends,
nights and/or holidays.
Summary of Experience
No experience required. We'll train you!
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Have basic math skills to be capable of counting money and making change.
- Be physically and mentally capable of learning to operate standard restaurant equipment (minimum age requirements may apply). This position requires one to lift up to 50 pounds, climb ladders, and use motion that entails pushing, pulling, stretching and continuous bilateral use of fingers and wrists.
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to build relationships
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification
We are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our community. People of color, women, veterans, LGBTQIA+, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. We are committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected]
Ready to apply?
Send your resume to Jimerson Adkins at [email protected], or drop it of in-person at our store location.